Case Sensitive Comparision

Thread: Case Sensitive Comparision

Default Case Sensitive Comparision

Hi,<BR><BR>I am working on an application which requires case sensitive password comparision. The passwords entered by the user on the log-in page are compaired with the values from an Access 2000 database.<BR><BR>I tried to look for a solution/example on several sites but didn&#039;t find any thing.<BR><BR>I&#039;ll appreciate if someone can show me a syntax/solution for this problem.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.

J. Paul Schmidt Guest

Default Nice to be Sensitive

&#039; If a case sensitive match.<BR>If StrComp(MyVar1, MyVar2, vbBinaryCompare) = 0 Then...<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR>J. Paul Schmidt, MBA<BR>Databases on the Web<BR><BR>

Default Convert em both

All you have to do is convert them both to the same case then compare them. I think this is what you are asking?<BR><BR>password = lCASE(Request.Form("password"))<BR><BR>SELECT * FROM tblPassword WHERE password = &#039;"&password&"&#039;"<BR><BR>IF NOT objRS.EOF &#039;Then password found<BR><BR>ELSE &#039; password not found<BR><BR>END IF<BR><BR>Not sure if this is what you were asking or what?