ADODB.Field error ' 800a0bcd'

Thread: ADODB.Field error ' 800a0bcd'

L Yandell Guest

Default ADODB.Field error ' 800a0bcd'

I have a section of code where i add a new record to a Access database and then immediately query the table for the auto-generated key of the new record. I submit the query and when I reference the key field to assign it to a variable I get the following error:<BR><BR>ADODB.Field error &#039 800a0bcd&#039<BR>Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted; the operation requested by the application requires a current record.<BR><BR>Here is the code segment:<BR>*************************<BR>mysql="se lect bus_id from advertisers where create_timestamp=#" & formatdatetime(mytimestamp,0) & "#;"<BR>set conntemp=server.createobject("adodb.connection")<B R> "DSN=cnb"<BR>set rstemp=conntemp.execute(mysql)<BR>mykey=rstemp("bu s_id")<BR>***********************************<BR>T he last line is where the error occurs. Here is the real kick - it has been working for weeks and has not changed - it suddenly quit working. I&#039ve tested for hours upon hours, severl different ways and the record is in fact getting inserted but blowing up on the query. It just broked today. Is there something flaky about IIS 4.0 I don&#039t know about it? Any help would be great. Thanks. - L Yandell<BR>

Hema S Guest

Default RE: ADODB.Field error ' 800a0bcd'

Check to see whether your query is getting updated, then <BR>&#060;%<BR> If rstemp.eof then<BR> response.write "No records matched"<BR> Else<BR> mykey=rstemp("bus_id") <BR> End If<BR>%&#062;<BR>Basically you&#039ll have to test where exactly the problem is, updation, whether eof, retreival etc. & zero in on the problem.<BR>Hth, Hema<BR> <BR> <BR><BR> <BR>