Sending email with ASP

Thread: Sending email with ASP

López Guest

Default Sending email with ASP

Hi,<BR><BR>Thank you for taking the time to read this question:<BR><BR>I&#039;m currently learning ASP. I saw an article on sending email with ASP by using CDONTS. Well, the thing is that I&#039;m running all the ASP codes on PWS under Windows 98 and, I don&#039;t have cdonts.dll in my computer in order to test the code.<BR><BR>How can I get it? Or, What other options are there that I can use to send email with ASP?<BR><BR>I will be highly thankful to whoever helps me out on this.

Default RE: Sending email with ASP

use Jmail instead -<BR><BR>there&#039;s a tutorial on its use at<BR><BR>you need to <BR><BR>a) point it at a valid SMTP relay server<BR>b) put up with it failing gracefully<BR><BR>j<BR>

López Guest

Default RE: Sending email with ASP

Thank you Atrax. I&#039;ve just downloaded JMail from the site that you told me, and now I just need to learn how to use it.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve visited and I can see that it has very useful information for a beginner like me. Is this site yours? The article on using JScript intead of VBScript has convinced me and I am going to focus a little bit on that.<BR><BR>Thank you very much Atrax.