Error 800a0cb3 - not supported by the provider

Thread: Error 800a0cb3 - not supported by the provider

Martine Guest

Default Error 800a0cb3 - not supported by the provider

Can anyone out there give any guidance?<BR><BR>I have an access97 database resident on NT server. It is being accessed via ASPs. Using a static cursor and can browse through the database happily, but if I chang it to dynamic the following error appears:<BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039 800a0cb3&#039 The operation requested by the application is not supported by the provider. /proto/pages2.asp, line 37 <BR><BR>The line referred to is: RS.AbsolutePage=Session("CurrentPage")<BR><BR>I want to be able to allow the user to update the record that they have found.<BR><BR>Any help is appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Martine

Doug Doedens Guest

Default RE: Error 800a0cb3 - not supported by the provider

Some of ADO&#039s funcitons are provider specific so a command that might work for SQL may not work for Access. This error is telling you that you cannot use the absolutepage property of the recordset object.<BR><BR>DOUG<BR>

Tony Cimorelli Guest

But...it worked under IIS3 and Access 97 ODBC drivers.<BR>What changed and how can it be corrected (without recoding - Im lazy)?<BR>As soon as Option Pack 4 is installed (IIS4), nothing works.

Martine Guest

Looking through microsofts technet, doing a search on the error (this time not specifiying a specific application), I have determined that the problem is access data driver. According to MS it is a feature of the design (?). I think this means they are aware of it and don&#039t want to fix it ;) <BR><BR>Curious thing is that it only appears when the cursor is not static. <BR><BR>We are now looking at alternate ways of doing this project.