DTCs, ASP and PWS

Thread: DTCs, ASP and PWS

Tim LeForge Guest

Default DTCs, ASP and PWS

I have been searching everywhere on the ms site (newsgroups, kb, msdn, etc...) and I haven&#039t found an answer to this one.<BR><BR>I have created two pages. One ASP and the other HTML. I&#039ve used the same exact DTCs (recordset, textbox and grid) with the same exact property settings.<BR><BR>The HTML page works great, but the ASP page gives me the following error when viewing in IE4/5:<BR><BR>**** begin error ****<BR>ADODB.Connection error &#039 800a0bb9&#039 <BR><BR>The application is using arguments that are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another. <BR><BR>/SEAProject/Pages/Calendar/CalSearch.asp, line 27 <BR><BR>**** end error ****<BR><BR>Does anyone know what this is all about?<BR>If code is needed I&#039ll happily supply it.<BR><BR>My configuration is:<BR> PWS (4.0, I think. Help/About isn&#039t telling ;0). Had to look at the file version.)<BR> VID6.0<BR> Win95 OSR2<BR> DCOM95<BR> The latest MDAC<BR> The latest Access<BR>

Default RE: DTCs, ASP and PWS

It sounds like your query is either misformatted. Perhaps the database has a numeric field that you are doing a where clause on, but you are treating it like a text field. For example, if you do:<BR><BR>SELECT * FROM Blah WHERE SomeNumberField = "4"<BR><BR>You will get a similar error. This is one reason why I detest DTC&#039s. They hide a lot of the actual guts of the ASP, so when picky errors like this one arise, they are painful to fix. I&#039d suggest viewing the code in Notepad and picking through it looking for data descrepencies. Good luck!