Am I in over my head?

Thread: Am I in over my head?

PattyB Guest

Default Am I in over my head?

I am using Frontpage 2000 to connect to an access database that I have created that includes contact types for non-profit organizations. I have two tables in my database. One for contact types which lists 10 categories and a contact table which stores the records. I want to be able to query the contact types using a combo drop down box and have it retrieve the records in the contacts table. I have created a query in the access database and have used this in the asp results wizard but when I tested it, it brought the server down. Help. Is this just not possible or am I missing something in my criteria to be able to do this. Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to learn but the frustration is mounting.

Default RE: Am I in over my head?

This is possible. However, without any more information, I&#039m afraid I can&#039t help you with your specific problem.

If you have a do while loop in the code, make sure you are doing a recordset.movenext...<BR><BR>Do while not rst.EOF<BR>Format the data to screen<BR>rst.MoveNext<BR>Loop<BR><BR>HTH<BR><BR>J erry<BR>

charles Guest

you could try setting your db connection up without frontpage... It&#039s a lot easier than you would think and more flexible. There is a great crashcourse on Webmonkey called "Your First Database" that will help you tremendously. The problem with frontpage is it tends to do a lot of things using frontpage server extensions. These make design work very easy, but programming VERY hard. It&#039s hard to compensate for applications when you can&#039t see the code.