Hi All.<BR>I am trying to update an excel spreadsheet using ado. I have everything working except for the update part. the connection is fine. here is my code.<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>dim cn <BR>dim cmd<BR>dim rs<BR><BR>set cn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>cn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:My Documentsemployee.xls;Extended Properties=Excel 8.0;"<BR><BR>set cmd = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Command")<BR>cmd.ActiveConnection = cn<BR>cmd.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM `Sheet1$`"<BR><BR>set rs = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>rs.Open cmd,,adOpenKeyset,adLockOptimistic<BR><BR>rs.Close <BR>set rs = nothing<BR>cn.Close<BR>set cn = nothing<BR>set cmd = nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>here is the error i get<BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039 800a0bb9&#039 <BR><BR>The application is using arguments that are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another. <BR><BR>/test/testpro.asp, line 14 <BR> <BR>Thanks in advance,<BR>Zac Odom