problems with Connection to Access on Win2000

Thread: problems with Connection to Access on Win2000

Dalibor Sver Guest

Default problems with Connection to Access on Win2000

Hello!<BR>I&#039;m using Access database on IIS 5 (Windows 2000 Professional) and strange thing happened with my connection to base. When interpretor reaches the line where connection is defined, I get errror:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key &#039;Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x334 Thread 0x634 DBC 0x44b11c Jet&#039;.<BR><BR>Connection string looks like<BR><BR>set cn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>cn.Open "DRIVER=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb); DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("..azasambac.mdb") & ";UID=admin;PASSWORD=12345"<BR><BR>and the funniest thing is that it was working fine till yesterday and I didn&#039;t change any settings in IIS nor Jet Provider nor Access! (This totally same thing (same ASP scripts, same database) still works fine on Win98 on PWS)<BR><BR>I noticed when I tried to build Connectionstring in VB using wizard and tried to test connection to same Access file, I got similar error.<BR><BR>When I unset password in Access, both ASP and VB test worked fine(!?)<BR><BR>So, what should I do? Is my Jet Driver 4.0 Corrupted or is it my fault?<BR><BR>Thank you!<BR>

JGJin Guest

Default RE: problems with Connection to Access on Win2000

I have the same problem. I did some tests yesterday and found out that the database may open my somewhere else in the option exlusve.

Erik Smith Guest

I just had the same error happen to me on a site hosted by Interland. Are you getting the error with every single database call? When I got the error it was only when I opened two record sets using two different connections. When I opened everything with the same connection it worked fine.<BR><BR>Also when I created a DSN for the connection string I received a more clear &#039;File already in use&#039; error.<BR><BR>Good luck

lk Guest

I know this is an old thread, but it is a common error I haven&#039;t found a response here on the board. So, from the microsoft technet:<BR><BR><BR>-/-<BR>Database Paths<BR>Sometimes, when setting up paths to databases, you do need to use a mapped drive or UNC path to point to your database. If you need to use one of these path types and your database resides on the same machine as the Web server, you will need to set the security settings not only for the folder that contains the database, but also for the share that the mapped drive points to. If you are using Anonymous Access on your Web server, IIS will use the Internet Guest Account (usually IUSR_ServerName) to access those resources. This account will need full control so that it can access the database and also create the temporary files associated with an Access database. If the Internet Guest Account does not have the proper access to the resource, an error like the one below may occur. <BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039;(unknown)&#039;. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.<BR>-/-