email using CDONTS

Thread: email using CDONTS

spinning wheels Guest

Default email using CDONTS

I have a problem getting my CDONTS asp code to actually send mail. I don&#039;t get any errors when I click submit, but no mail is ever sent either.<BR>Any suggestions??

<eop> Guest

Default Post some code...

gg Guest

Default RE: email using CDONTS

What is the webserver you are using?<BR>If it is pws, thenit is not possible to send emails.<BR>If it i IIS, you need to make sure that the CDONTS option is turned on by the IIS admin.<BR>Also if you are on a network..and there&#039;s traffic, emails may take a while reaching you.<BR>Hope this helps

spinning wheels Guest

Default RE: Post some code...

&#060;%<BR>&#039;Confirmation email sent to customer<BR>SET msg=Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR>msg.T o = email &#039;variable holding email address entered on prev screen<BR>msg.From = ""<BR>msg.Subject = "Confirm Request"<BR><BR>msg.Body = "Your request for manuals has been received!&#060;p&#062;Thanks for your request!"<BR>msg.Send<BR>SET msg=nothing<BR>%&#062;

Ed Guest

You code looks good... gg is right.. No email with PWS... Is your SMTP service correctly config&#039;d?

spinning wheels Guest

I am using Windows NT and I am now poking through the Management Console, but I&#039;m not sure what I&#039;m looking for.

Click on your server(in IIS) and in the right window you should see the Default SMTP site, along with your Default WebSite and any other snap-ins you installed. If it is not there then install it from the NToption pack CD. (It is a subcomponent of IIS)<BR><BR>