error 80040e10, missing values

Thread: error 80040e10, missing values

Default error 80040e10, missing values

I am trying to update a database through a form. I have a form page that accesses a query in a database and lists several fields and their in form format so people can make changes. When they submit the changes, the following error occurs:<BR><BR><BR>Microsoft JET Database Engine error &#039;80040e10&#039; <BR><BR>No value given for one or more required parameters. <BR><BR>/techtasks/submit.asp, line 38 <BR><BR><BR>This is the code (I commented out the error lines so I could see what the exact error message was):<BR><BR>&#039;on error resume next<BR>set conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") <BR>conn.ConnectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet. OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & server.mappath("Tech_Task_List.mdb")<BR>< BR><BR>if Request.form("action")="Submit Changes" then<BR>ID=Request.Form("ID")<BR>sql="UPDATE t_Tech_Task_List set Appl =&#039;" & Request.Form("Appl") _<BR>& "&#039;,Category =&#039;" & Request.Form("Category") _<BR>& "&#039;,Owner =&#039;" & Request.Form("Owner") _<BR>& "&#039;,Task =&#039;" & Request.Form("Task") _<BR>& "&#039;,Notes =&#039;" & Request.Form("Notes") _<BR>& "&#039;,Date_Logged =&#039;" & Request.Form("Date_Logged") _<BR>& "&#039; WHERE (((t_Tech_Task_List.[ID])=" & ID & "))"<BR>conn.Execute sql, RecordsAffected ***LINE 38***<BR>&#039;if err &#060;&#062; 0 then<BR>&#039;Response.Write("You do not have permission to update this database")<BR>&#039;else <BR>&#039;Response.Write("Ticket number " & ID & " was updated:")<BR>&#039;end if <BR>end if<BR>-----------end code-------------<BR><BR>I&#039;m not sure if me trying to mix changes received from a query table, and sending the update to the actual table is causing these problems. It shouldn&#039;t, all fields are in the main table, only some selected ones are in the query table.

J. Paul Schmidt Guest

Default Let's See What's Mission Here

It sounds like maybe the ID variable is blank.<BR><BR>For debugging perhaps do the following before executing the SQL statement:<BR><BR>Response.Write "SQL=" & SQL<BR>Response.End<BR><BR>Then look over the SQL statement for any blank values.<BR><BR>Here is some code to change a possibly blank variable to a Null before putting into a database:<BR><BR>If Len(MyTextVariable) = 0 Then MyTextVariable = Null<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR>J. Paul Schmidt, MBA<BR>Databases on the Web<BR><BR>