round up integar

Thread: round up integar

frinkob Guest

Default round up integar

Hi here is an easy one for you, an easy solution would be mucho appreciated.<BR><BR>I have a string that I want to round up to the nearest mile, at the moment I am getting e.g. 4798.5987378965428954289, which I would like to change to e.g. 4798<BR><BR>thanx<BR><BR>

Rob Black Guest

Default RE: round up integar

VBScript:<BR> Round(myVar)

CousinIT Guest

Default RE: round up integar

straight from the help files :-)<BR><BR>Int, Fix Functions<BR> <BR><BR>Returns the integer portion of a number.<BR><BR>Syntax<BR><BR>Int(number)<BR><BR>Fi x(number)<BR><BR>The required number argument is a Double or any valid numeric expression. If number contains Null, Null is returned.<BR><BR>Remarks<BR><BR>Both Int and Fix remove the fractional part of number and return the resulting integer value.<BR><BR>The difference between Int and Fix is that if number is negative, Int returns the first negative integer less than or equal to number, whereas Fix returns the first negative integer greater than or equal to number. For example, Int converts -8.4 to -9, and Fix converts -8.4 to -8.<BR><BR>Fix(number) is equivalent to:<BR><BR>Sgn(number) * Int(Abs(number))<BR><BR>