Weird Error

Thread: Weird Error

James McIntosh Guest

Default Weird Error

I&#039;ve been gettin this error when I try to delete an record from my DB yet can update and retrieve records<BR><BR>I want my script writes the field values then deletes the record<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or object is read-only.<BR>/, line 39<BR><BR><BR>heres some of the connect script...<BR>rsDB.Open sql, cnn, adOpenDynamic, adLockPessimistic, adCmdText<BR><BR>And the write then delete script...<BR>For i = 0 to rsDB.Fields.Count -1<BR>response.write "&#060;tr&#062;&#060;td&#062;" & rsDB.Fields(i).Name & "&#060;/td&#062;&#060;td&#062;" & rsDB.Fields(i).Value & "&#060;/td&#062;&#060;/tr&#062;" & vbCrLf<BR>next<BR>rsDB.Delete<BR><BR><BR>Any suggestions... I was having some trouble with having memo fields in my DB before could that be it and how do I get round them... I have 3 in the table

Decrypted Guest

Default RE: Weird Error

adLockPessimistic: <BR>(advantage)-Data cannot be changed by other users while locked <BR>(disadvantage)-Prevents other users from accessing data while locked <BR><BR>If you need more explanation, you should read up on ADO mate.<BR>This was taken from the ADO 32bit documentatyion provided by Microsoft, just to please those plagerism nazzi&#039;s out there.<BR><BR>Oh yeah, adLockOptomistic is what your looking for.