zero's on another machine

Thread: zero's on another machine

Nils Guest

Default zero's on another machine

The following code works perfectly from my computer. The exact same code (making the same connection)when run on any other machine puts zero&#039;s in place of any numeric data. The database is Oracle, and I am using Oracle&#039;s driver in the DSN. Possible causes? <BR>set strConnect = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Connection")<BR> strConnect.Open "DSN=DSNname;User ID=ID;Password=PW"<BR> <BR> set objCmd = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Command")<BR> objCmd.ActiveConnection = strConnect<BR> <BR> set objRS = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Recordset")<BR> <BR> strSQL = "Select JOB_NUM, POCKET from jps_run_detail where JOB_NUM = 68330"<BR> <BR> objCmd.CommandText = strSQL<BR> objCmd.CommandType = 1<BR> <BR> objRS.Open objCmd<BR> <BR> Response.Write "&#060;table border=1&#062;"<BR> Response.Write "&#060;tr&#062;&#060;th&#062;Job Number&#060;th&#062;Pocket&#060;/tr&#062;"<BR> do while not objRS.EOF <BR> Response.Write "&#060;tr&#062;&#060;td&#062;" & objRS("JOB_NUM") & "&#060;/td&#062;"<BR> Response.Write "&#060;td&#062;" & objRS("POCKET") & "&#060;/td&#062;&#060;/tr&#062;"<BR> objRS.MoveNext<BR> loop<BR> Response.Write "&#060;/table&#062;"<BR><BR> objRS.Close <BR> <BR> set objRS = nothing

Markkk Guest

Default RE: zero's on another machine

Just a hunch....Check your Operating System settings.<BR><BR>Keep in mind that System settings can vary from machine to machine. One machine may have default settings that call for leading zeros to be displayed, while a different machine&#039;s operating system may be setup to ignore leading zeros.<BR><BR>Check the Operating Systems&#039; default settings for displaying numeric data. One machine could be set to display leading zeros (e.g. 00067) ; the other machine may ignore leading zeros (e.g. 67).<BR><BR>I had a similar problem regarding the display of DATE data. After changing the default system settings for DATE data ojn my wewb server machine, my data format problem went away.<BR><BR>I hope this helps......

Nils Guest

Default RE: zero's on another machine

Let me try explaining this again: This file sits on my machine, and on another machine. When I access the file on my machine, it works. It shows the job number as "68330". When I access the file sitting on the other machine, it shows the job number as "0". Also, I have another program which uses the same database/tables which is behaving the same way, which used to work fine. Anybody? Bueller?