Converting Session Variables To Cookies......

Thread: Converting Session Variables To Cookies......

Matthew Boyda Guest

Default Converting Session Variables To Cookies......

In the pages that I'm building I need my global variables to last longer than eight hours and session variables won't do this, so I decided to convert them all to cookies. Using vb script, or the Response.Cookies("CookieName") and the Request.Cookies("CookieName") I changed all the variables form session variabels to cookies. I have come across nothing but errors now when I load the page. The functionality of the page hasn't changed, all I'm doing is storing the information in a different way. Is there any known errors to doing this? And if so, what do I have to do to make this work? Thank you for your time.

Default RE: Converting Session Variables To Cookies......

keep in mind that there is a maximum length of a cookie, i don&#039;t remember it, but it&#039;s something like a couple of kilobites.<BR><BR>Also, cookies can be disabled in the client&#039;s browser

Matthew Boyda Guest

Default RE: Converting Session Variables To Cookies......

My cookies are turned on, I have no other problems with other sites on the web.....

Steve Cimino Guest

Default What errors?

You neither pasted the code for us to look at, or gave us the error descriptions. Show us the code.<BR><BR>It&#039;s also not a good idea to do:<BR><BR>Response.Cookies("cookiename") = somevalue<BR><BR>multiple times. Instead, do:<BR><BR>Response.Cookies("cookiename")("myproje ct") = somevalue<BR><BR>Your webserver is limited to 20 cookies. Doing it this way, you won&#039;t go over your limit.<BR>