A re-Ask

Thread: A re-Ask

Linda Pyrc Guest

Default A re-Ask

I have an Access table that contains File Names that Im am converting to hyperlinks. I need to process the table in the LastUpdated sequence. I have written a query under access using the FILEDATETIME(filename) function to retreive the date last updated for each file and when run inside Access this works fine. However when I use the query as a recordset inside my ASP I have no records returned. If I remove reference to the FILEDATETIME(filename) function in the query then the ASP gets all records. Why would this be ? I wouldve thought that seen as Access is running server-side that it should still work and pass these records to the ASP. <BR><BR>My last resort would be to read these records in, use the FileSystem object and do an internal sort but as I said.. my last resort. The table contains approx 3000 records.<BR><BR>Any comments/advice would be appreciated.<BR>Thanks<BR>

J. Paul Schmidt Guest

Default It Would Be Nice

Unfortunately not too many functions that work in a query in an Access database actually work when used in a SQL statement which is used by an ADO connection using a driver connecting to an Access database on the Web.<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR>J. Paul Schmidt, MBA<BR>Databases on the Web<BR>http://www.Bullschmidt.com<BR>

Linda Pyrc Guest

Default RE: ????

So ASP will convert the Access query to an SQL statement before executing rather than treating it as a recordset ?

Steve Cimino Guest

Is your field a date/time field? If it is, are you doing something like:<BR><BR>SELECT *<BR>FROM Tables<BR>WHERE myDate = #01/29/01#<BR><BR>If so, dates are tricky in SQL. It may also be storing a time stamp as well, which would require you to hit the target date and time down to the second. Try using &#062; or &#060; and see if it returns anything.

Linda Pyrc Guest

No, its just a select * from query (no where condition) and then I (am) to display the date the file was last updated and in that sequence (descending). But I get no records returned to my ASP from my Access Query when I use the FILEDATETIME function and all records when I change the query to remove the reference to FILEDATETIME.<BR>??