Thread: no-cache

Default no-cache

To aid with debugging, etc, I have currently got my pages set to no-cache to ensure that I&#039;m always viewing the latest version of the page on the server. <BR>What advantages/disadvantages would leaving this in the final version give? Should I delete this code after development has been completed or is it okay to leave it in?

J. Paul Schmidt Guest

Default To Cache or Not to Cache Page

As you apparently already know here is the code to have browser not cache a page:<BR>Response.Expires = -1000 &#039; Make browser not cache pg.<BR><BR>Advantage:<BR>Data shows the latest updates by any and all users.<BR><BR>Disadvantage:<BR>Lack of speed for the user since his or her PC&#039;s cache isn&#039;t being used.<BR><BR>Possible Usage:<BR>Since I lean toward the "show all the latest stuff" mentality, I like the idea of using the above code at the top of all pages that actually access the database and not using it for pages that don&#039;t access the database (such as the main page on a Web site which may have a lot of images on it).<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR>J. Paul Schmidt, MBA<BR>Databases on the Web<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>