ASP for real push not a periodic pull.

Thread: ASP for real push not a periodic pull.

Mantar Guest

Default ASP for real push not a periodic pull.

I have an application where I want to send messages from an application to another application using ASP via a WEB server. I checked the push technology. It is a periodic pull. I need a real push, where I can send messages to one or many application. Can anyone tell me how to go about this. Thanks in advance.

Mike Shaffer Guest

Default Bad news

If you are using ASP, that means that you are probably using PWS or IIS, neither of which support server-side push. Sorry.<BR><BR>If it&#039;s *REALLY* important to have true push to a client, and you want to keep your ASP, you will have to check out alternative server platforms along with Chilisoft&#039;s ASP product.<BR><BR>HOWEVER - depending on your application (which you haven&#039;t yet told us about), it may be possible to do what you want with different technology. In fact, you&#039;ve confused me slightly with your reference to &#039;application to application&#039;. Since push technology refers to a server-to-client scenario, and what you are describing sounds like a server-to-server scenario, then &#039;server push&#039; may not be what you&#039;re actually looking for. If you&#039;re interested, let us know what it is you&#039;re trying to do, maybe we can help! ;-)<BR><BR>