RENAMING SERVER ?

Thread: RENAMING SERVER ?

Pete L Guest

Default RENAMING SERVER ?

Greetings all I was curious how I can fix this:<BR><BR>PROBLEM:<BR>I had to rename that actual server machine name to something that is more "corporate politically correct". This server houses our intranet. What happens now is that when I load Internet Service Manager I would get an error msg box saying: ERROR CONNECTING TO &#060;OLD SERVER NAME>: THE RPC SERVER IS UNAVAILABLE.<BR>Then I would click ok several moments after that the console would load.<BR><BR>QUESTION(S):<BR>1)How do I fix it.<BR>2)MY CDO does not seem to send email anymore I am not sure if this is related or not but all of the mail that gets sent is sitting in the "badfolder"<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>

B.H.Carr Guest

Default RE: RENAMING SERVER ?

I have always had to completely wipe the server and re-build it.

Pete L Guest

H&#039mm that&#039s not too pretty. I take it a re-install right over it would not work. Also what about the CDO. is that a different problem or is it related?<BR>

B.H.Carr Guest

Rule of thumb when dealing with a server...start with a clean slate. I usually don&#039t have problems when I wipe the machine clean and start over.<BR><BR>The CDO situation is very likely related, but I&#039m not sure. It&#039s a component that works in conjunction with IIS. If IIS is acting buggy, then I would guess it is affecting CDO.

Pete L Guest

When you say clean slate. You mean uninstall or format? I really do not want to go to that extreme if I do not have to. I suppose I can just back it up and re-apply my web pages and apps after this problem has been corrected.<BR><BR>I appreciate your suggestions very much!<BR><BR>Have you seen any documentation on this type of issue?<BR>