Why can't users access my ASP Page?

Thread: Why can't users access my ASP Page?

Default Why can't users access my ASP Page?

I have stumped all my co-workers with this one:<BR><BR>I created an HTML, ASP, and Access DB file in the same directory on the same NT server. I have put a link on my company&#039;s intranet. As an admin of the server, I can put data in the HTML&#039;s form and send it through the ASP page and place it in the DB with no prob. However, users without admin access to the server can access the HTML form, but are prompted for a password to the server when they try to execute the ASP page. I don&#039;t think permissions are the problem because these same users can get into the physical directory and write to the DB directly. Does anyone have any clues?

J. Paul Schmidt Guest

Default Physical vs. Virtual Directories

Don&#039;t forget that physical directories are one thing and virtual directories (set in IIS) are another thing. It sounds to me like regular users don&#039;t have all the permissions they need in the virtual directory where you have all your Web site files including the database.<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR>J. Paul Schmidt, MBA<BR>Databases on the Web<BR>http://www.Bullschmidt.com<BR><BR>