Hello,<BR>I am trying to . addnew into a web based database useing an asp with vbscript. I am running it on IIS 4.0<BR>any way I try, I get (basicly) the same error<BR>I have tried it with a DSN, and a DSN-less. It gives me an error <BR>that the dabase is read-only or procedure is not alowed by the provider (which tells me the same thing.<BR><BR>you will see a commented out line, with my other DSN-less connection.<BR><BR>can anyone give me an idea where I am going wrong??<BR><BR>thanks<BR><BR>here is my code:<BR>dim db, rs<BR>set db = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>&#039db. Open "Provider=MSDASQL;Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=d:internetwwwroot rial.mdb"<BR><BR>db.Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"<BR>db.open "Data Source = d:internetwwwroot rial.mdb"<BR>rs.open "IUser", db, 2<BR>varhost = request.servervariables("REMOTE_HOST")<BR>rs.addne w<BR>rs("UserIP")=varHost<BR>rs.update<BR>&#039rs. close<BR>&#039db.close<BR>&#039set db = nothing<BR>&#039set rs=nothing