Aaaargh! ADODB.Command error ' 800a0bb9'

Thread: Aaaargh! ADODB.Command error ' 800a0bb9'

bo Guest

Default Aaaargh! ADODB.Command error ' 800a0bb9'

Please HELP!!! I am getting this error:<BR>ADODB.Command error &#039 800a0bb9&#039 The application is using arguments that are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another. <BR>=================<BR>I am using Visual InterDev 6, SQL Server 6.5, Windows NT and IIS4 as the webserver. (DB and webserver on same machine)<BR><BR>I am working on a workstation and linking to a project developed on the NT, say project1. I create New Project work locally to connect to the project1. <BR><BR>Project1 already has a data connection, but when I drag a recordset control and try to use it, explorer gives this error on line with InterDev&#039s code for the recordset, Specifically, on defining the CursorType line.<BR><BR>I open up an older project in InterDev, to connect to the same SQL server, and that project seems to work.<BR><BR>Now I do not know what the settings should be. The<BR>cursor type settings for all of the new projects I try to create can not be accessed from the development workstation. HOwever, the cursor type is now Server-side, which is the same setting as the one that works.<BR><BR>What could be the problem???? I am getting very frustrated with this InterDev tool.

Mark Vick Guest

Default RE: Aaaargh! ADODB.Command error ' 800a0bb9�

Yeah, the more I see of VI 6.0, the more I hate it. To answer your problem though, I could give you an example of a correct DSN-Less connection, and then you could go into the resulting code from VI 6.0 and change it all.<BR><BR>Microsoft themselves say that if you use VI, use it to lay out your project, and get it looking and feeling right, then take the resulting code and rewrite it for functionality and efficiency.<BR><BR>I have had to rewrite lots of VI 6.0 code, myself, using FrontPage editor - you might as well use notepad, save for the color codes . . .

bo Guest

Default SOLUTION

In my case, I had to go to the webserver and run the Microsoft Internet Server console. I then selected that web project directory and right click for properties, and THEN click on the CREATE button.<BR>.... And wolla, it&#039s fixed!