Thread: CDO and OUTLOOK

ngenius Guest

Default CDO and OUTLOOK

Sending mail throught CDONTS is rather simple. However I need a more complex approach to a notification system. I have been gathering info on CDO and it&#039;s usage in OUTLOOK but I have not seen anything that I am looking for. I am trying to connect to Outlook through an ASP page using CDO. Particularly assigning task. Does anyone know any info on this andy books, any scripts ?<BR>Microsofts site offers some info and explanation but nothing solid in the way of error debugging and ASP and CDO with OUTLOOK.

Karin van Ettinger Guest

Default Outlook en Exchange is the same

use CDO and create a session (use a existing profile). Afterwards you can do a lot of things like reading mail and sending mail as well as making appointments etc.<BR><BR>If you program against Outlook, you program against Exchange.<BR><BR>I&#039;ll hope this will help you enough. For I can&#039;t figure out what kind of tasks you are willing to do.

Default RE: Outlook en Exchange is the same

I had to do some of this stuff recently. I used LDAP. Code snippet:<BR><BR>mstrUser = Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")<BR>mstrJustU ser = Split (mstrUser, "\")<BR>vLdapPath = "LDAP://your_exchange_server/cn=" & mstrJustUser(1)<BR>Set mailBoxObj = GetObject(vLdapPath)<BR>Session("FName") = mailBoxObj.givenName<BR>Session("LName") =<BR>Session("Extension") = mailBoxObj.telephoneNumber<BR>Session("Department" ) = mailBoxObj.Department<BR>Session("InitiatorID") = mailBoxObj.mail<BR>Session("Room") = mailBoxObj.physicalDeliveryOfficeName<BR><BR>Etc.< BR><BR>There are several articles available about LDAP access to your exchange server.<BR><BR>D