deleting old records

Thread: deleting old records

Default deleting old records

Hello,<BR>I have a database field called EDate (text field) and records are added automatically according to the date record is added. the Db is now getting big and old messages can be flushed out. I hope to delete old messages past 14 days old automatically as the user enters so he will only see message in the last 14 days.<BR><BR>I cna&#039;t get this to work. I&#039;m having problems getting the &#060; to work in the SQL statement. Below is how I thought things should work and any help is appriciated.<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>CONN = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=" & Server.Mappath("mydatabase.mdb") & ";"<BR><BR>Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR>MySQL = "Delete * From messages Where Recipient=&#039;" & Session("CurrentUserName") & "&#039; and EDate &#060; &#039;" & DateAdd("d", -14, Date()) & "&#039;"<BR> MySQL, CONN<BR><BR>Conn.Close<BR>Set conn = nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Thanks.

Default RE: deleting old records

Edate is a text field?<BR><BR>Probably have to call a date conversion function, don&#039;t know of one in access its convert or cast in sql server.<BR><BR>