asp page titles

Thread: asp page titles

cheril Guest

Default asp page titles

In the filesystem object we can get the name of the file by<BR>say objfile is the object of the FSO)<BR>But now while I am creating a small serach in my site I am getting the name of the file which will be a result of a hyper link through above but how do I get the title of that page or file.<BR>Example<BR>&#060;a href=""&#062;the title goes here&#060;/a&#062;<BR>Like I have seen in many sites that the title of every page is given the link to that page.So how do I manage to give a decent or a appropriate name for a search result like if the user searches for a word and that is found in say gard.asp & I cannot show him gard.asp but the result should be shown as say "gardening home page" or any appropriate text,so for such a solution how do I manage to get the title of that page or if there is any other method kindly let me know.Also note that I cannot hard code it as the pages keep on incresing every 2 days.<BR>Thank you for reading.

Default RE: asp page titles

&#060;a href=""&#062;the title goes here&#060;/a&#062; place this code<BR>with following :<BR>&#060;a href=&#060;;&#062;the title goes here&#060;/a&#062; <BR><BR>

cheril Guest

Default RE: asp page titles

No You didn&#039;t get me<BR>I have been able to get the file name, it is the title which i want to be able to retrieve or if it is not possible what method should i use.<BR>Thank you.