Thread: CDONTS Mail

Default CDONTS Mail

In order to have CDONTS working do I have to have the SMTP server on my web server? Or is it enough if I know the SMTP ip address? <BR>When I try to send an email it dosent work( I do have valid e-mail ids in the from and to) What am I missing?<BR><BR> Set MyCDONTSMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR> MyCDONTSMail.From= ""<BR> MyCDONTSMail.To= ""<BR> MyCDONTSMail.Subject="This is a Test"<BR> MyBody = "Thank you for ordering that stuff" MyCDONTSMail.Body= MyBody<BR> MyCDONTSMail.Send<BR> set MyCDONTSMail=nothing<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>JD

Mike Shaffer Guest

Default AJF/JD

CDONTS is delivered as part of the SMTP package (started in NT option pack v4). If you have CDONTS components installed on your system, you probably already have the SMTP service installed, as well. However, it may not be running. Check your IIS-MMC and verify that it is running and configured properly and that should solve this problem. Also, you may want to verify that your FROM address is a valid one, as some mail servers do a reverse domain validation before accepting the email. If your email address is not a &#039;real&#039; one, your email may not be delivered and you would never know it! ;-)<BR><BR>Lastly, you may want to check your event viewer (under admin tools on the NT menus) to see if the SMTP service is returning an errors. Such things as permission errors, no disk space, etc. will show up here and may help pinpoint the problem.<BR><BR><BR>Hope this helps!<BR>

Sunny Guest

Default RE: AJF/JD

This might help you...<BR>I am giving you the exact code i used a few days back..<BR>If u r looking for some thing like is the gift<BR><BR> Dim objCDO<BR> Set objCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR><BR> objCDO.To = ""<BR> objCDO.From = ""<BR> objCDO.Subject = "AN ADO ERROR OCCURRED"<BR> objCDO.Body = "At " & Now & " the following errors occurred on " & _<BR> "the page " & Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME") & _<BR> ": " & _<BR> chr(10) & chr(10) & strErrorMessage<BR> objCDO.Send<BR><BR> Set objCDO = Nothing<BR><BR>Let me know what r the results<BR>