Session variables lost when ASP is located in a frameset.

Thread: Session variables lost when ASP is located in a frameset.

Sanjay Ingle Guest

Default Session variables lost when ASP is located in a frameset.

I am loosing all the values of a session variables initialized within the ASP file, as opposed to being intialized in the Global.asa. I am using frames (ASP 1.0) and extensions of the frameset file. Can anybody shed some light on this?

Default RE: Session variables lost when ASP is located in a frameset.

Do you have a cookie enabled browser?<BR><BR>Pete

Daniel Root Guest

Default RE: Session variables lost when ASP is located in a frameset.

I had a similar problem recently (you can read about it in the performance section here). There are 2 main solutions I ended up stumbling upon. #1 If you&#039re using Personal Web ServerDon&#039t use the FrontPage Personal web server. Use the one from the Windows NT Option Pack 4.0. The one that puts an icon called "Publish" on your desktop. #2 Don&#039t use virtual directories. You can keep everything in directories in your root directory, just don&#039t use the WWW admin tool to create virtual directories to point to them. If you have, removing them in the admin tool will remove it from the www service, but not the file system (Your pages will be able to access the directories as long as they are physically inside your root directory).<BR><BR>hope that helps- it took me two days to figure out.<BR>Daniel