String to show as a link - how?

Thread: String to show as a link - how?

Rob Guest

Default String to show as a link - how?

Good afternoon,<BR><BR>I have an ASP page that creates an HTML table with contents from a SQL table. One column of table data represents a URL. When I display the data, I get the URL but it is not converted as a link. Instead it looks like normal text.<BR>You can see what I am talking about by browsing here:<BR><BR>and use a state of MA since there isnt much sample data that is not posted using that state.<BR><BR>To convert the text to a link I have tried setting strings like:<BR>linkstart="&#060;a href="+chr(34)<BR>linkfinish=chr(34)+"&#062;&#060;/a&#062;<BR>....<BR>&#060;%=linkstart%&#062;&#060;% =AdURL%&#062;&#060;%=linkfinish%&#062;<BR><BR>but it clearly does not output correctly. There is a link created but the structure isnt correct as it goes to [servername] with some &#062; and other stuff on the end. I feel that the quotes may be involved.<BR><BR>You can see the library of source code which outputs the data here:<BR><BR><BR>I will have the same issue when dealing with email addresses [on same page] as I would like them to show up as a link as well.<BR><BR>Any suggestions?<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR>Rob

Steve Cimino Guest

Default RE: String to show as a link - how?

Try:<BR><BR>Dim myVar<BR><BR>myVar = "&#060;A HREF=""" & AdURL & """&#062;My Link&#060;/A&#062;"<BR>Response.write myVar

Rob Guest

Default Victory!

Thanks Steve!! It works!!<BR>Rob