Still having a problem with update query

Thread: Still having a problem with update query

Adrian Guest

Default Still having a problem with update query

Hi,<BR><BR>I posted the following question a few days ago but I still can&#039;t get this problem fixed. <BR><BR>I&#039;ve got a system whereby visitors to my site can visit other sites in my links page. I have all of these pages urls contained in a database with id, name, county and hyperlink_ej(URL)fields. This link system was working ok on my old server but having switched companies the following error occurs when i click on one of these links.<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039; 80004005&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable query. <BR><BR>/englishasp/link_e.asp, line 13 <BR><BR>This is link_e.asp<BR>&#060;%@Language=VBScript%&#062;<BR> &#060;%<BR>Response.Buffer = True<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;%id = Request.QueryString("ID")<BR>Set Conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Se t RS=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR>Conn. Open "DSN=linkspage"<BR>SQLString = "Select * From links Where ID = &#039;"&id&"&#039;"<BR>RS.Open "links", Conn, 0, 2, 2<BR>RS.Filter = "ID = " & id<BR>RS("Click_Counter") = RS("Click_Counter") + 1<BR>RS.Update<BR>Response.Redirect "http://" & RS("hyperlink_ej") & ""<BR>RS.Close<BR>Set RS = Nothing<BR>Conn.Close<BR>Set Conn = Nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>The DSN is definetly set up. Line 13 is "RS.Update".<BR>Is this happening because Microsoft frontpage extensions mightn&#039;t be set up. I&#039;m totally lost. This is really urgent.Can someone please help.<BR><BR>Adrian<BR><BR>

New ASP Guest

Default RE: Still having a problem with update query

I got the same problem before.<BR>*MY* problem is: The visitor have NO *right* to update the DB.<BR><BR>Could you please check the DB&#039;s permission ? <BR>If IUSER_user has the right to update the DB?<BR><BR>Let me know if it does not work!! <BR><BR>Good luck!!