Creating and displaying a line on a website

Thread: Creating and displaying a line on a website

Joe Miller Guest

Default Creating and displaying a line on a website

This is a follow-up to the following question which I posted <BR>about four hours ago (1/23/2001 5:42:19 PM<BR>*******************<BR>"I need some instructions about how to get my Visual Basic code<BR>which displays a graph in a picture box to work on a website.<BR>So far it seems that I must know something about, and use,<BR>&#039;controls&#039; and/or &#039;Active X&#039;. I know nothing about either<BR>except that &#039;controls&#039; are things that go on VB forms, I think.<BR>Any suggestions, directions, examples, etc. will be much <BR>appreciated. I have been programming for a long time but<BR>am new to VB." <BR>*******************<BR>Thanks very much for the quick response Steve and Bill.<BR>Put another way, my question is "what is the best way to <BR>display a dynamicly created (rather than a stored, static<BR>image in a file somewhere) line graph on a website.<BR>Best I can tell, it sounds like I should learn something about <BR>ActiveX and go from there. At this point I am mainly trying<BR>to avoid going down a dead-end learning path to accomplish<BR>my goal. <BR>

J. Paul Schmidt Guest

Default Charting references

Here are some good charting references:<BR><BR>Making Bar Charts using ASP - 4/21/1999<BR><BR><BR>Creating a Dynamic Bar Chart using a Database Query - 4/21/1999<BR><BR><BR>Creating Dynamic Charts and No-Fuss Graphs bBy John Lofaro - 4/20/2000<BR><BR><BR>Cheap Tricks 3: Fun with Quick Charts<BR><BR>Values shown under each point&#039;s name under x-axis.<BR>Has demo.<BR><BR>Bar Chart<BR><BR>One value as the max value on the chart is shown.<BR>They say it can&#039;t accept negative values unless one modifies the code.<BR>Code looks well organized.<BR><BR>Creating Bar Charts in ASP<BR><BR>Short code.<BR>"All that needs to be done is to scale some images by a given a mount (Example 1) or to include a picture number of times (Example 2)."<BR>Shows bars horizontally.<BR><BR>Simple ASPChart Example<BR><BR>Uses ASPChart (which I believe is a third-party component).<BR>Saves chart as a .jpg to disk and then shows the .jpg file.<BR><BR>Charting with Pure HTML and ASP by Ulrich Schwanitz<BR><BR>Shows bars horizontally. Lots of variables like min & max.<BR><BR>ASP Simple Charting Application<BR><BR>Doesn&#039;t look so great and show bars horizontally.<BR><BR>Generating Bar Graphs with Active Server Pages by Don Franke - 1/6/2000<BR><BR>"Graph using an HTML table with different-colored cells"<BR>Looks like bricks w/ background showing between each square.<BR><BR>Making Charts in ASP by Chris Payne - Approx. 12/2000<BR><BR>Uses Office Web Components. To use this the server must have some part of Microsoft Office 2000 installed.<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR>J. Paul Schmidt, MBA<BR>Databases on the Web<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Default Wow! What a collection! (and 1 more)

We should capture this for the ASPFAQs.<BR><BR>Any objections if I do so?<BR><BR>p.s.: And then there&#039;s my own:<BR> and the charting demo.<BR>

J. Paul Schmidt Guest

Default Go for it Bill

Go for it Bill!<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR>J. Paul Schmidt, MBA<BR>Databases on the Web<BR><BR><BR>

Default Added to ASPFAQs...