ASP and Oracle

Thread: ASP and Oracle

wex_69 Guest

Default ASP and Oracle

My web server admin has created a systems dsn that points to an oracle database on another server. My code for creating a dsn connection is something like this.<BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .Open "dsn=Mydsn.dsn; uid=myid; pwd=mypass; Server=myserver;"<BR>This does not work and I keep getting the error<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified<BR>God have mercy....please help...sinking fast<BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: ASP and Oracle

assuming other things are ok,<BR><BR>remove the .dsn for the dsn name.dsn names willnot have an extension

wex_69 Guest

Done that still got problems any other solutions

Rick Hein Guest

Make sure you stop and start the Web server after adding the DSN. Sometimes it doesn&#039;t see the DSN unless you do that. Possible reboot the server. It&#039;s happened to me to, and all I did was those two things.<BR><BR>Hope this helps.<BR>Rick<BR>

Rick Hein Guest

P.S. I don&#039;t think you need the server portion of the connection string.<BR><BR>objConn.ConnectionString="DSN=Make it Match the DSN entry on the server;userid=User;pwd=Password"<BR>Rick<BR><BR>