Oracle Connection

Thread: Oracle Connection

wex_69 Guest

Default Oracle Connection

Two Servers. Web server with ASP app. Server with Oracle DB.<BR>Set up systems DSN on web server to point to the Oracle DB. All I need to do now is write the connection object code and recordset for that connection object so that I can query the db. Has anyone got some sample code for me. BTW I have user name pword for the oracle account. Please help this is pretty urgent. thanks,<BR>wex_69

Default RE: Oracle Connection

Set Conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Co nn.Open "Dsnname","Userid","password"<BR>Set Rs=Conn.Execute("Select * from abc")<BR>Response.write Rs(0)

Prescott Chartier Guest

Default RE: Oracle Connection

&#039; Create the appropriate objects (assumes MDAC v2.1 or greater <BR>&#039; on the server)<BR><BR>Dim oracon As New ADODB.Connection<BR>Dim ADOTable As New Recordset<BR><BR>&#039;connect to the database (DNS-less connection, text wrapped for readability)<BR><BR>oracon.ConnectionString = "Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;DataSource=rsme;User ID=SOMEUSER;Password=SOMEPASSWORD;"<BR><BR>oracon. CursorLocation = adUseClient<BR>oracon.Mode = adModeReadWrite<BR>oracon.Open<BR><BR>&#039; Open table ...<BR><BR>ADOTable.Open "select * from sometable", oracon, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic, adCmdText<BR><BR>&#039; This is VB Code, but basically the same (syntax will vary <BR>&#039; slightly) ..