Form Action - Just new to asp

Thread: Form Action - Just new to asp

c power Guest

Default Form Action - Just new to asp

I am just new to asp and have a simple question but don&#039;t know how to do it?<BR><BR>I have a form that the user can enter in text boxes a PO number or date or a number of other search criteria. They then click a search button on the form.<BR><BR>Once they clicked the search button, I want to display the results of the search on a summary page. <BR><BR>How do I do this? Is this through the form action??<BR><BR>or thru the click event of the button?<BR><BR>&#060;%If btnSearch=Search Then<BR> Response.Redirect "Summary.asp"%&#062;<BR><BR><BR>or should the form action be sent to the summary page?<BR><BR>&#060;form action="Summary.asp" method="post"&#062;<BR><BR>I&#039;m not exactly sure how the asp form action works???<BR><BR>Any thoughts on how I should do this would be appreciated or if you could<BR>clarify my confusion with how the form action works.<BR><BR>What I&#039;ve done so far is set the value of each textbox to what the user input on the form<BR>For example &#060;input Type="TEXT" NAME="txtReqBy" size="20" VALUE="&#060;%Request.form("txtReqBy")%&#062;<BR>< BR><BR>Thanks <BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: Form Action - Just new to asp

&#062; or should the form action be sent to the summary page?<BR><BR>*YES*!!<BR><BR>To answer all the questions you will have from this would simply take more time than I have. May I please suggest you get a *good* book to learn from?<BR><BR>At a minimum, try perusing the beginners&#039; "lessons" at<BR><BR>Good luck!<BR><BR>

Los Angeles, CA

Default RE: Form Action - Just new to asp

use this &#060;form action="Summary.asp" method="post"&#062;<BR><BR>the response.redirect you can use if you do not need any interaction from the user on that page<BR><BR>the action will be the page you want to submit the for to IF you use a submit button or specifically mention in script