Display specific database info

Thread: Display specific database info

Edge Guest

Default Display specific database info

I guess this question is so basic it never gets addressed anywhere. I have connected to my database and succsefully written the contents out to a table (thanks to a free example). Now I want to use that info to determin variable values but I am having trouble zeroing in on specific records.<BR><BR>Here is my code so far:<BR><BR>&#060;% <BR>&#039; this code opens the database<BR>myDSN="DSN=table;uid=data;pwd=usaw"<BR >set conntemp=server.createobject("adodb.connection")<B R>conntemp.open myDSN<BR><BR>&#039; this code retrieves the data according to the querystring<BR>qString=request.querystring("pg")<B R>if qString="" then<BR>qString="2000"<BR>mySQL="select * from Branch2Qry where ssn = &#039;& request.write(qString) &&#039;"<BR>set rstemp=conntemp.execute(mySQL)<BR> <BR>xPage=rstemp.ssNum<BR>nextPage = rstemp.nextFrame<BR>backPage = rsTemp.backFrame<BR>else<BR>nextPage= rstemp.nextFrame<BR>backPage= rstemp.backFrame<BR>end if<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR>

Default RE: Display specific database info

What do you mean by variable values?

Edge Guest

Default RE: Refer to code in initial post

I want to use the info in the database to set the values of the variables I am using in my page. I posted my code so that anyone helping may take a look at it. Thanks