How do you create an attachment with CDONTS?

Thread: How do you create an attachment with CDONTS?

Hodjia Guest

Default How do you create an attachment with CDONTS?

How do you create an attachment with CDONTS?

Default Try reading the ASPFAQs...

...and save yourself time.<BR><BR>The link to the ASPFAQs is at the top right of this page (and of most every page on this site).<BR><BR>

Hodjia Guest

Default I've read 'em. So why this "Unspecifie

Well, I&#039;ve read the FAQs<BR>ANd I&#039;ve read Pro ActiveServerPAGES 3.0<BR>And I&#039;ve read this site and that site<BR><BR>And alls I know is I keep getting this error:<BR><BR>"Unspecified Error"<BR><BR>When I do what "they all say"<BR>objMail.AttachFile("d:imagespic.gif")

Kym Guest

Default RE: How do you create an attachment with CDONTS?

I just had to do this last week.<BR><BR>set eMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR> eMail.From = ""<BR> eMail.To = ""<BR> email.CC = ""<BR> eMail.Subject = "Test Email2" <BR> MyBody2 = "HTML! Thank you for ordering that stuff." & vbCrLf<BR> MyBody2 = MyBody2 & "We appreciate your business. " & vbCrLf<BR> MyBody2 = MyBody2 & "Your stuff will arrive within 7 business days."<BR> eMail.body = MyBody2<BR> <BR> eMail.BodyFormat = 0 &#039;1=text 0=HTML<BR> eMail.Importance = 2 &#039;1=normal 0=low 2=High<BR> eMail.MailFormat = 0 &#039;1=text 0=MIME<BR> eMail.AttachFile "d:Kim\" & mFile<BR> eMail.Send<BR> <BR> set eMail = nothing

Kym Guest

Default RE: I've read 'em. So why this

is the file on the server that you are attaching? It has to be. It can&#039;t just be on you computer

Hodjia Guest

Default What's the difference?

If it&#039;s on the server, do I just give the path<BR><BR>C:inetpubwwwrootetc?

kym Guest

Default RE: What's the difference?

Yes, Just give the path. What kind of file is it? .htm?

Hodjia Guest

Default Thanks so much! I finally got it!