COM error in ASP page # 0115

Thread: COM error in ASP page # 0115

Sami Ather Guest

Default COM error in ASP page # 0115

I have developed a simple client/server program using sockets. I have developed the <BR>client side in Java and my server side is developed in perl.<BR>now if I test the functionality of my program from console ie if I run my java program, then<BR>the perl program receives the data, but if I make use of that registered COM /Java object <BR>via web. It gives me error<BR>ASP:error:0115<BR>A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue running. <BR>my program is simple , just opens a connection to server for some time and closes it so i donot think that I need have a support for multi-threaded apartments<BR>Any comments and suggestions or workaround are more than welcome<BR>Thanx in advance<BR> Sami Ather<BR><BR><BR>

Steve Cimino Guest

Default Stop crossposting this!

Answered in COM/COM+. Be patient for the answer to get there! I&#039;d give it to you here if I had it typed... screw it.<BR><BR><BR>Do this:<BR><BR>public String myFunction() {<BR>try{<BR> //do your code here -- this is the problem<BR> return "success";<BR> }<BR>catch (Exception e) {<BR> return "something is wrong.";<BR>}<BR>}<BR><BR>For the detailed answer on why this happens, wait for the answer to appear in the moderated COM forum.<BR>