International date formatting using Access?

Thread: International date formatting using Access?

Tobias Gladh Guest

Default International date formatting using Access?

Hi there.<BR><BR>I need to present a date from the Access database on the intrnational date format, i.e. YYYY-MM-DD, as this is how we view dates in Sweden. Whatever I do, when the date shows up in the text-field, it&#039s on the American format, MM/DD/YY.<BR><BR>If I were using Oracle, I would format it through the SQL-query, but I ain&#039t, so what can I use?<BR><BR>I&#039ve already tried the datetimeformat(date,param) function, but it only selects which part of the date to present, and if it should be on the short or the long format.<BR><BR>I can&#039t get the grip on where the date format is decided, because it looks different on different machines when I look at the date field through the Access tool. Viewed on the web, it is always in the American format, regardless of web browser version/language or host machine OS language. Is it decided in the ODBC driver, so I should change it there?<BR><BR>/Tobias

Default RE: International date formatting using Access?

Check out this Custom Date Formatting Procedure. It will let you output dates in just about any format you like:<BR>