How can I get the filename?

Thread: How can I get the filename?

Rob Guest

Default How can I get the filename?

I am using ASP to create a list of files that I have on the web server and listed in an Access database. When I link to a file on the list, I want to have the filename available from the second page so that I can display the filename on the screen. Can anyone help?<BR><BR>Currently:<BR><BR>Response.Write "&#060;A HREF=/scomments/"<BR>Response.Write objRS("FileName")<BR>Response.Write "&#062;"<BR>Response.Write objRS("CompanyName")<BR>Response.Write "&#060;/A&#062;"<BR><BR>When I link to the next page, I want to be able to use objRS("FileName")<BR><BR>I thought about passing the filename as a variable in the URL, but I don&#039t want to list two identical filenames together. <BR><BR>Thanks for your help!

Brad Kingsley Guest

Default RE: How can I get the filename?

Well how about just writing a routine that uses the request.servervariables and reads what page is currently active. Then you won&#039t have to pass anything - each page will know it&#039s own name.<BR><BR>-Brad Kingsley, MCP - NT, IIS4<BR>Reliable Windows NT Web Hosting<BR>ORCS Web, Inc -<BR>

Anon E Mous Guest

Default RE: How can I get the filename?

If you aren&#039t concerned with performance issues, try passing it as a Session level variable.