COM error from ASP

Thread: COM error from ASP

Sami Ather Guest

Default COM error from ASP

I have developed a simple client/server program using sockets. I have developed the <BR>client side in Java and my server side is developed in perl. then I registered my Java class as COM object<BR>now if I test the functionality of my program from console ie if I run my java program, then<BR>the perl program receives the data, but if I make use of that registered COM /Java object <BR>via web. It gives me error<BR>ASP:error:0115<BR>A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue running. <BR>I am sure that I donot need to update MDAC components as I am not using any ADO components in my page and then I guess that this error also kills the www publishing services as well. I guess that something is wrong with my COM object<BR>Any comments and suggestions or workaround are more than welcome<BR>Thanx in advance<BR> Sami Ather<BR><BR><BR>

Steve Cimino Guest

Default RE: COM error from ASP

I&#039;ve run into this problem several times, and what happens is you don&#039;t have an error trap on one of your functions.<BR><BR>If you just go about your business and don&#039;t handle errors, the exception is thrown and you&#039;ll get that error in ASP.<BR><BR>Do this instead:<BR><BR>private String myFunction(){<BR>try{<BR> \do something, if successful:<BR> return "ok"}<BR>catch(Exception e){<BR> return e.toString() // for debugging, or<BR> return "Something&#039;s the matter, dial 911"<BR>}<BR>}