Two category items!

Thread: Two category items!

Default Two category items!

Hi,<BR><BR>My database has:<BR><BR>tblUser: userID, firstname, middle, lastname, email, phone<BR>tblCategory: categoryID, categoryname, categorydescription<BR>tblDepartment: DeptID, DeptName<BR>tblLocation:LocationID, locationName<BR>tblMain: ID, userID, categoryID, deptID, locationID,Date and a hyperlink field.<BR><BR>Everything was working fine until my boss told me to have two category field in main table because some hyperlink is related to two category. For example; ID5 hyperlink relates to caegoryID 8&9. So he is telling me to have categoryID1 and categoryID2 in the main table. I don&#039;t think that is a good database design. Another thing is when I am trying to insert data to the main table, how am I going to enter through two list box with same ID?<BR><BR>Can somebody help me?<BR><BR>Thanks!

vivid Guest

Hi,<BR><BR>Well what you could is build a relational Access (assuming here) database. It will be much faster that way. I haven&#039;t had problems before in developing one.<BR><BR>Hope this helps.<BR><BR>v.

Confused! Guest

Default RE: Two category items!

Thanks for replying. I am using relational database. But when I am selecting only one item from category1 drop down list box, the first item from category2 dropdown box is automatically inserting into the main table.<BR>Do you know why?<BR>Thanks.

vivid Guest

Hi,<BR><BR>This would be most likely attributed to your coding. You might want to insert a level of restriction on which items should apprear in the drop-down menu.<BR><BR>hope this helps.<BR><BR>v.