Datediff problem with Dates Greater than 12/31/29

Thread: Datediff problem with Dates Greater than 12/31/29

Default Datediff problem with Dates Greater than 12/31/29

I need to compare two dates to ensure one is not greater than the other. I am using VB Script and the Datediff function to accomplish this. Everything is working fine until I enter a date greater than 12/31/29. For some reason the datediff function assumes the year is 1929 not 2029 and returns a negative value. The funny thing is I can literally run this same code in VB or in a stored procedure and it works fine. Any thoughts on how to get around this? Thanks.

Steve Cimino Guest

Default Welcome to the Y2K

fix. Hey, why not revisit the stockmarket crash???<BR><BR>Does the same results happen when you compare the 4 digit year? I wouldn&#039;t think so, but you should look at that route.

Default Read the docs...that's the rules...

The MS docs specify that there is a "cutoff" year when applying century logic. I believe it is one of the system configurable parameters, even.<BR><BR>So if you use "1/1/1" you get 2001. If you use "1/1/99" you get 1999. And where the break between 20xx and 19xx is up to your system configuration.<BR><BR>HOWEVER...<BR><BR>Why not fix this yourself? Don&#039;t *allow* two digit years.<BR><BR>

Funny guy... Guest

Default JOKE answer...

&nbsp;<BR><BR>Maybe Bill G. figured he wasn&#039;t going to be around past that year and didn&#039;t have to worry about it! *lol*