IIS 5.0 setup

Thread: IIS 5.0 setup

bartolomay Guest

Default IIS 5.0 setup

Is there an FAQ that can walk me through how to setup my site? I thought I set up a virtual server in the Internet Service Manager window, but when I try to view my pages I am getting an error 500.100 message. Any ideas why? Is there some default settings I have to make in localstart.asp?<BR><BR>Here is what I am seeing:<BR><BR>The page cannot be displayed <BR>There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. <BR><BR>----------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Please try the following:<BR><BR>Click the Refresh button, or try again later.<BR><BR>Open the xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want. <BR>HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error<BR>Internet Information Services<BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Technical Information (for support personnel)<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0046)<BR>Permission denied: &#039;GetObject&#039;<BR>/localstart.asp, line 19<BR><BR><BR>Browser Type:<BR>Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0) <BR><BR>Page:<BR>GET /localstart.asp <BR><BR>Time:<BR>Tuesday, January 16, 2001, 3:32:05 PM <BR><BR><BR>More information:<BR>Microsoft Support <BR> <BR>

Default RE: IIS 5.0 setup

you can probably drop localstart.asp altogether, and replace it with your own default.asp. or better still, go to the configuration menu for &#039;documents&#039; and remove localstart.asp from the list of default documents<BR><BR>j

bartolomay Guest

Default RE: IIS 5.0 setup

Ahh, that fixed it Atrax. Thanks a bunch. I&#039;m a newbie to ASP and IIS, so I&#039;m still learning as I go.