Updateable Query Error

Thread: Updateable Query Error

Hundley Guest

Default Updateable Query Error

Everything seems to work properly in my shopping cart up until all of the user information is submitted from the "register.asp" page. <BR><BR>This error shows up: <BR><BR>"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable query. <BR><BR>/storefuncs.asp, line 181" <BR><BR>The application works if I run it at home on personal web server- it writes all of the information to the database - but as you can see running it on the web has its problems... <BR><BR>Maybe the way that the server is configured is not allowing anything to be written to the database? Like I said before, I have the same set of files running on my pc with pws and everything works properly. <BR><BR>What do you think? <BR><BR>Thanks in advance...

Default Should this be an faq??

This error has several causes, most frequently a privelege problem with the .mdb file or it&#039;s containing folder. Here&#039;s a link to msdn where this is discussed.<BR><BR>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q175/1/68.ASP

Hundley Guest

Default RE: Should this be an faq??

you&#039;re right...thanks!