Pure ASP Upload Vs. Components

Thread: Pure ASP Upload Vs. Components

Default Pure ASP Upload Vs. Components

I&#039;ve been using the Pure ASP Upload class from asp101.com, and it&#039;s simple, free, and works great.. although<BR><BR>I Just noticed how long it takes in comparison to other options.<BR>Here&#039;s the test:<BR>2.11mb file<BR>Uploaded to Local Server with MS Posting Acceptor, 37 seconds<BR>Uploaded to aspupload.com with ASP Upload demo, 1 minute exact<BR>Uploaded to Local Server with Pure ASP Upload, 2 minutes 7 seconds<BR><BR>I can understand the difference in time between posting acceptor and asp upload (different servers), but what&#039;s with the difference between posting acceptor and pure asp upload? is it because Pure ASP Upload is script based, or is it something else?<BR><BR>I&#039;d prefer to continue using a script, as that&#039;s the only way I can be sure it&#039;ll work on multiple different hosts and machines, but reaction time begs me to compare.

gzazJim Guest

Default RE: Pure ASP Upload Vs. Components

Howdy Danb,<BR><BR>I&#039;ve used the ASPUpload component from Persits for about 6 months now on our local Intranet, and I&#039;ve yet to have a problem with it. I&#039;m not familiar with the Pure ASP Upload component, but I&#039;m sure it has something to do with the fact that it&#039;s a script as opposed to a DLL/ActiveX component - DLL&#039;s are much more tightly integrated into the server than are scripts (for obvious reasons).<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>Jim