Need a link or help

Thread: Need a link or help

James McIntosh Guest

Default Need a link or help

I am trying to find out how I can have the user click a button to search their hdd for a file(s) which cue up and then are able to be uploaded on a submit command (button) to a folder on the web server, like you do for attachments in web based e-mail pages.<BR><BR>Do you know any links to a tutorial or does anyone have an example they can pleae post.<BR><BR>Any help is much appreciated,<BR>Thanks from<BR>James McIntosh

Kasper Guest

Default RE: Need a link or help

From asp point of view that&#039s a security risk. (would you like to go to a website that can access all your files on your hd??)<BR>Write yourself an activex component, and have the users download them first. Then they are warned :)

Default file upload is the keyword

look for articles on upload of files. there are many of them.<BR><BR><BR>www.asptoda<BR><BR><BR>

Eddie Campbell Guest

Have you tried using <BR>&#060;Input Type="File" Value="Button" Name="MyFileName"&#062;<BR><BR>When the user clicks this they can browse their Hdd and select the file that they want to upload. This is the way that Hotmail allow you to select attachments.

James McIntosh Guest

You misunderstood<BR><BR>The user browses their own HDD and UL a file to a folder on the server.<BR><BR>I don&#039t need remote access to the clients HDD

James McIntosh Guest

Default Thanks Eddie, I think I have all I need now

Thanks,<BR><BR>That&#039s just the start I was looking for, I found the other part I was looking for on <BR> <BR>I think that should do it, I&#039ll post again if I need any more help<BR><BR>Thanks again

Kasper Guest

Default Indeed

Right, I misunderstood :)<BR>