Permission denied error

Thread: Permission denied error

Default Permission denied error

Hi<BR><BR>I have moved a news content management system (Still located on same server) to a different directory and have changed all the paths correctly but am suddenly ending up with a error:<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a0046&#039 <BR><BR>Permission denied <BR><BR>/othersites/sts_dev/admin/newseditor/inc_includebuild.asp, line 34 <BR><BR>The offending bit of code is:<BR><BR>Set MyOutStream=MyFileObj.CreateTextFile(newsFilePath, TRUE,FALSE)<BR><BR>Where "newsFilePath" is located in an include file that holds all my global paths and variables and reads thus:<BR><BR>Dim newsFilePath<BR>newsFilePath = Server.MapPath("/db/sts_shtml/news.txt")<BR><BR>This is the correct path and the directory does habve the correct permissions. All I did was change "/db/sts/news.txt" to "/db/sts_shtml/news.txt" and now it gives me this error.<BR><BR>I for the life of me cannot see what has caused this to fall over.<BR><BR>TIA<BR>John Cogan

Default RE: Permission denied error

you probably don&#039;t have FullControl permissions set on that directory for IUSR_MachineName - they&#039;re required.<BR><BR>j