Permission with PWS and Win98

Thread: Permission with PWS and Win98

D. Flood Guest

Default Permission with PWS and Win98

When trying to access a file by using the following code:<BR>&#060;%<BR>Set MyFileObject=Server.CreateObjec("Scripting.FileSys temObject")<BR>Set MyTextFile=MyFileObject.OpenTextFile("c:inetpubwww rootprojectBooking Info.txt", 8, TRUE)<BR>While NOT MyTextFile.AtEndOfStream<BR> Response.Write(MyTextFile.ReadLine)<BR>Wend<BR>MyT extFile.Writeline(stayDate)<BR>MyTextFile.Writelin e(Room)<BR>MyTextFile.Close<BR>%&#062;<BR>I get the following error:<BR>Server object error &#039ASP 0177 : 800a0036&#039 <BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR>/Project/result.asp, line 20 <BR>00000000 <BR>Line 20 is: <BR>While NOT MyTextFile.AtEndOfStream<BR>The book ASP 2.0 Unleashed says this is because the IUSER_MachineName account does not have the correct permissions set to write the file. To solve this it says to right click the relevant folder choose properties and then select the tab labeled Security. I don&#039t have a tab labeled security I only have General and Web Sharing and as far as I can see the contents of Web Sharing has nothing to do with my problem. I suppose the writers intended this instructions for someone using NT and IIS but I&#039m using PWS and win98. Can anyone tell me how to change my permissions.<BR><BR>Cheers <BR>Dave<BR>

Default RE: Permission with PWS and Win98

OK. right click the file, get properties. there&#039ll be a check box marked &#039read only&#039 if it&#039s checked, uncheck it.<BR><BR>strangely though I think that error should have happened on the line before that.<BR><BR>j