Problem with SQL connection

Thread: Problem with SQL connection

Ola Guest

Default Problem with SQL connection

Hi!<BR><BR>I have just switched from Access to SQL on my site. The Webserver is a Windows <BR>2000 IIS 5 and its a SQL server 2000 .. <BR><BR>I have a OLE DB connection in a UDL file like this .. <BR><BR>"FILE Name=c:lablaODBCconnection.udl"<BR><BR>and in that one like this .. <BR><BR>Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=mypass;Persis t Security Info=True;User <BR>ID=mysuser;Initial Catalog=svenskunderjord;Data Source=SERVER.DOMAIN.COM<BR><BR>(i have had just the server name at data source)<BR><BR>Its workd fine almost all the time .. but i get errors like this from time to time<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[DBNMPNTW]ConnectionOpen (CreateFile()). <BR><BR>/include/incTop.asp, line 89 <BR><BR>AND <BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[DBNMPNTW]Specified SQL server not found. <BR><BR>/include/incTop.asp, line 89 <BR><BR><BR>Anyone know what can cause this error .. i have my thought both on some security <BR>issue or some connection issue between the SQL and the Webserver ... anyone know??<BR><BR>/Ola<BR>

Default RE: Problem with SQL connection

Is everything on the same machine?<BR><BR>Many times these &#039 80004005&#039 errors result because of permissions issues. Are you getting these errors when there&#039s no user logged into the server? <BR><BR>At any rate, I&#039d try switching the default network library to TCP/IP using the "Client Network Utility."<BR><BR>Let me know if that helps.