Populating Pop Ups

Thread: Populating Pop Ups

JTonk Guest

Default Populating Pop Ups

Hey. I found the code to open a pop up window using vbscript. <BR><BR>Private oNavWin<BR>Function OpenNavWindow()<BR> Set oNavWin=Window.Open("Update.asp", "navwindow", "height=250, width=600, status=no, location=no")<BR>End Function<BR><BR>&#060;Input type="submit" name="cmdOpen" onClick="OpenNavWindow" value="update"&#062;<BR><BR>How can I pass a variable to the pop up window?<BR><BR>Many thanks.<BR>

Default RE: Populating Pop Ups

Just off the top of my head, try...<BR><BR>~adding a querystring to the file name<BR>~using cookies<BR>~using session variables<BR>~have a hidden form that is submitted (via. JScript) to the new window when it is opened<BR><BR>There&#039s a ton of ways. Just depends what fits your situation best. Good luck!<BR><BR>Tim

James Mitchell Guest

Default RE: Populating Pop Ups

I agree.<BR><BR>I have some code that actually opens the new window and writes all the HTML to it. It never hits a server, It just sets a variable to that window and it writes to it.<BR><BR>Or you could just do this:<BR><BR>&#060;Script Language="VBScript"&#062;<BR>Dim oNavWin<BR><BR>Function OpenNavWindow(vVar, vVal)<BR> Set oNavWin=Window.Open("Update.asp?" & vVar & "=" & vVal, "navwindow", "height=250, width=600, status=no, location=no")<BR>End Function<BR><BR>&#060;/Script&#062;<BR><BR><BR>&#060;Input type="submit" name="cmdOpen" onClick="OpenNavWindow &#039myVar&#039, &#039myVal&#039" value="update"&#062;<BR><BR>