Err.Description not very descriptive! Is there any

Thread: Err.Description not very descriptive! Is there any

Default Err.Description not very descriptive! Is there any

One of the things I noticed about my generic onError trap is that when I call the error description property (Err.Description), I don’t get the same accurate description as I would normally get normally trough ASP.<BR><BR>For example:<BR>Suppose my database has been changed to a different folder path and I didn’t update my script code. If I would let plain ASP parse the error through my browser I would get:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC dBase Driver] &#039(unknown)&#039 is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.<BR><BR>/filepath/folder/file.asp, line 58<BR><BR>This narrows it down to the point and tells me exactly what’s wrong.<BR>Whereas if I where to use my own error handling trap, the description would not be at all the same. Instead I would get a more general one that wouldn’t be of much help:<BR><BR>&#060;% On Error Resume Next<BR>Response.Write(Err.Number &”<BR>”& Err.Description) %&#062; Would produce:<BR><BR>3704<BR>The operation requested by the application is not allowed if the object is closed.<BR><BR>The above (error 3074 and description) would also be true for any ADODB error. Not very specific or descriptive eh? Is there any way to call the 1st description?<BR><BR>Thanking anyone in advance;<BR>Aaron

Default CROSSPOST! Answered in other forum!