WebBoard problems (driver)

Thread: WebBoard problems (driver)

Default WebBoard problems (driver)

I grab this messageboard from the net but can not seem to get it to work. I keep getting this error.<BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified <BR><BR>/upload/WebBoard/Default.asp, line 126 <BR><BR>---------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Line 126 is just a connection line that goes to the global.asa file. The line of code it reffers to ther is this.<BR><BR>---------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Sub Session_OnStart<BR> If Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME") = "s55a6324" Then<BR> Application("WebBoardConn") = "DBQ=c:InetpubwwwrootoarddatabaseWebBoard97.mdb;D river={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DriverId=25;FIL=MS Access;ImplicitCommitSync=Yes;MaxBufferSize=512;Ma xScanRows=8;PageTimeout=5;SafeTransactions=0;Threa ds=3;UID=admin;UserCommitSync=Yes;"<BR> Else<BR> Application("WebBoardConn") = "DBQ=d:InetpubwwwsitesjahnkeoarddatabaseWebBoard9 7.mdb;Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DriverId=25;FIL=MS Access;ImplicitCommitSync=Yes;MaxBufferSize=512;Ma xScanRows=8;PageTimeout=5;SafeTransactions=0;Threa ds=3;UID=admin;UserCommitSync=Yes;"<BR><BR>----------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>I am not sure what is wrong I tried changing the connection line to what I normaly use but it did not work. I am Using Access 2000 and Person Web Server on my local machine and will be up loading it to a IIS4.0 machine running Access2000. Any ideas what might be wrong?<BR><BR>If not do you know were I can find a simple threaded messageboard. I do not want a lot of forums just the one, someting like the one I am using here..<BR><BR>Thanks in advance guys.<BR><BR>Steve

gh Guest

Default RE: WebBoard problems (driver)

This usually means the connection string is empty. You should check that the global.asa is in the right place and whatever variable holds the string has a valid value. Maybe put in some Response.Write&#039s to check the connection string.